It’s the most wonderful time of the year…. Not only am I enjoying planning Christmas in July home parties, but this is my favorite time of year to do Facebook parties! First of all, my kids aren’t sick. Yay for summer!!! Second of all, Facebook parties are fun and easy for hosts and guests, making them perfect for busy summer schedules. My July hosts are thrilled when they earn a free mop from Norwex! And their guests are happy to have had fun socializing and reconnecting on Facebook, while also learning about ways to save time, money and and “go green.” I get such a kick out of assisting my guests and hosts with learning about Norwex and bringing home the most helpful products. Want to earn a free mop? Please message me on Facebook to talk about scheduling a July Facebook party!
Fellow moms…is anyone else sick of hand towels being left on the bathroom floor? I have young kids and it’s just so easy for them to knock a regular hand towel onto the bathroom floor and then forget to pick it up. I really enjoy the fact that when we’re using our Chenille Hand Towel, it stays put. It also stays fresh smelling for so many days! I’m pleased that it’s on sale this month from Norwex, because it’s been on the wish list of almost all of my recent party hosts. Once people fall in love with basic Norwex, they usually really want bath towels and hand towels, and the Chenille towel is at the top of their list! Here are the July Customer Specials. Do you have any questions about them? Does anyone want to know more about Body Cloths, which are on sale, too? They remove your makeup with just water! I encourage you to e-mail me with questions or to reach out to me on Facebook – I’d be happy to help you learn about Norwex!
Psssttt….This is how I became a Norwex consultant! I joined three and a half years ago in a very similar way! Read on to see my story.
Three and a half years ago, I had fallen in LOVE with the first few cloths that I tried. I used them all over my house and was amazed that they made me feel like a less cranky mommy, because I could handle my kids’ 8 zillion spills and messes with such ease. A friend that I knew through an expecting club told me about her Norwex career and how much she enjoyed it. She shared that in that particular month, new consultants could join with zero sales commitment. It’s always free to join Norwex, but typically there is a sales goal for new consultants. When I joined, there was a rare chance to join without that commitment. That option put my mind at ease. I joined. It was the start of something that’s brought me so much happiness, through personal growth, gaining new skills, financial benefits for my family, wonderful new friends, and the chance to be part of a mission-driven company. Well, a similar opportunity is here now! If you join Norwex through noon CDT on July 1, you can choose a small starter kit, with zero sales required!
One reason my Norwex career has worked so well for me is its flexibility. I joined Norwex, then soon after had surgery, a high-risk pregnancy, a baby and toddler with challenges who needed quite a bit of support, and additional surgeries for myself. The past three years have been a rollercoaster, and my Norwex career has been such a source of encouragement, motivation and much needed fun! I’ve built a small team of consultants, held many parties, and contributed to my family financially, while enjoying making new friends. I’ve had the flexibility to choose different ways of working, such as exclusively doing Facebook parties when I had a newborn baby. Because we do not have monthly sales required, I could take time off when I needed to do so. This is the kind of job where my hard work pays off; kindness, warmth and integrity are necessary and encouraged; and I can continue building towards my goals even if I occasionally need to slow down the pace because of my family’s needs or my medical needs. I’m motivated. I’m happy. And I believe in what we’re doing through Norwex parties (helping other families improve their quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in their homes). I was nervous about joining Norwex, but the no-sales-required sign-up option put my mind at ease. I took the leap. And it was such a good decision for me! This is why I’m so glad the same option is available to you now.
Would you like to talk about this? I love helping new consultants get started! My top tip is to get your first four parties scheduled now, prior to signing up. Then base your sign-up date on your party schedule, so that you’ll begin making sales as soon as possible after you join. There are time-based rewards that you can earn as a new consultant, based on having early sales right after you join! You could earn hundreds of dollars worth of free products if you get a strong start! Here’s a second tip: when you’re brand new and are waiting for your starter kit to arrive, work with your upline (the friend who helped you join Norwex) to have a private Facebook party immediately, to launch your business online. That way you can start sharing green cleaning tips with your friends and family even before your starter kit arrives! You’ll be making a difference in the world in so many ways.
For me, my Norwex career is a flexible way of helping my family, friends, and the environment. It’s a connection to others — to my customers, hosts, team and the larger Norwex community. It’s an outlet for my creativity. It’s a bright spot when life is hard. It’s a reason to learn new skills. I enjoy the friendships, financial benefits, and personal growth gained through Norwex so very much. I’d love to help you be part of our Norwex community if you’re interested and would be glad to answer any questions you have.
Here’s a comparison of what comes in the two kits (join-for-free vs the standard party starter kit)
Here’s a comparison of the financial benefit of joining the two different ways:
If you’d like to join Norwex with the Join for Free Kit, please do so before noon CDT on July 1. If you’d like to talk with me first, to see if this seems right for you, I’d be glad to talk on the phone. Please send me a message and let me know the best days and times to reach you.
I had major surgery two weeks ago and am not 100% yet. I thought I’d share some of the things that have made my life a little simpler in the last few weeks. Perhaps you will also have tips to share for times when you’re tired, are recovering from surgery or just had a baby. Here’s what’s working well for me:
- Freezer meals! Prior to my surgery, I made lots of casseroles and other freezer meals. I also baked and froze the gluten-free muffins, cornbread, and sandwich rolls that are staples for school lunch packing at our house. I even baked and frosted gluten-free cupcakes and a gluten-free birthday cake, since our son would turn six right after I got out of the hospital.
- You can also prep ingredients that will work for a variety of meals, and not limit their use to a specific recipe. The weekend before my surgery I cooked ground beef and turkey and froze those in gallon-size bags, so that when I’m back to cooking meals, it will be really easy to decide to make tacos, sloppy joe’s, meat sauce, or chili. I thought it would be nice to have that flexibility.
- Asking for help…. Thanks to a generous family member, we were able to hire someone to do the major house cleaning twice a month for the next month or two. And we found someone who cleans with Norwex cloths! It’s wonderful. She hardly brings any cleaning supplies at all, because I have everything she’ll need. I’m not well enough yet to carry something heavy like a vacuum, so having extra help for a little while is most welcome!
- Placing travel-size EnviroCloths and a Window Cloth in each bathroom helps a lot. It enables our kids, my husband or me to quickly clean up toothpaste messes and leave the bathroom sink and mirror shining.It’s so easy and quick, and makes for a much healthier, more welcoming environment.
- Body Cloths have been a big help to me personally as I recover from surgery. I’m still trying to keep a surgical site dry, and it’s helpful to me to be able to wash my face and body with just a soft cloth and water (no soap). It’s also super easy to shave my legs while sitting on the side of the bathtub, just prepping them with a wet body cloth, then shaving, without needing soap or shaving gel. What a time saver it is, and it helps me feel better about myself as I’m recovering.
- The little things seem to matter a lot when you don’t feel 100%, don’t they? I’m appreciating small pleasures more, too! I have been enjoying using Norwex’s mint toothpaste and my Silvercare toothbrush. They help me feel fresh and healthy, so I feel better as I start and finish my day. I’m also using Norwex’s Shea Butter as a lip balm — it’s gentle, natural, doesn’t really have a taste, and I like how it looks!
- This may sound silly, but I’ve been so glad that it’s easy to wash windows with an EnviroCloth, water, and Window Cloth. I don’t have a lot of energy right now, but have washed several windows in order to feel that my rooms are bright, shiny, happy places, and it really helps! Nothing brightens and cheers a space like the sunshine coming through a clean window.
- Keeping a clean Kitchen Cloth or EnviroCloth in our kitchen has also been helpful. I feel more capable and helpful to my family if I can quickly wipe up crumbs and spills, and make our kitchen a comfortable place to be. It’s easy for me to contribute to the cleaning effort quickly if we always have a cloth on hand.
- I’ve also been cheered by beginning to work my Norwex business again. A person can’t only focus on adapting to medical challenges, packing school lunches, and planning help with childcare – there is more to life than that! I love working with my team of Norwex consultants and have had such fun planning summer challenges and party themes. I’m grateful to have a job that I love, with a mission I believe in, to help me stay positive during a challenging time.
What helps you when you aren’t 100% Do you have house cleaning, menu planning, and childcare tips for times when your energy is low or your movement is restricted? I’d love to hear your suggestions — please comment below!
One of my favorite things is welcoming new consultants to my little Norwex team. We have a wonderful time working together and helping other families go green! If you join Norwex in May or June 2017 you could earn $300 in BONUS shopping sprees in addition to the other free products received by most Norwex reps. It’s an incredible opportunity to build a great party kit or to expand your personal stash of Norwex at home!
Here are the flyers about the bonus rewards! I’d love to help you join!
Here’s what comes in the party starter kit!
Let me know if you’d like to know more. I’d love to answer your questions and help you get started.
I’m so excited about our town’s farmers market reopening. Visiting the market on Saturdays is a great chance to see our friends, meet farmers and artists, and plan meals based on the produce that’s in season. We use our Fruit & Veggie Scrub Cloth a lot this time of year, to clean carrots, potatoes, and so much more. When something is less practical to clean with a cloth, like berries, we use the Fresh Produce Wash. My husband and I both notice how it washes away waxy residues and leaves fruit tasting so much better. So I’m excited that these products are on sale this month! I also love this month’s discount on the body cloths, makeup removal cloths and hand towel. I think they’d make a wonderful “going away gift” for a new college student! The body cloths clean and exfoliate with just water (and can also remove makeup). The makeup removal cloths wash your face and remove makeup with just water. And the hand towel is perfect for both drying hands and for drying your face in the evening, after you wash up and take off any makeup. There’s something more to mention this month: If you spend $85 you can add in a Kitchen Towel or a Pet Mitt for $5!
You’ll find the Skin So Fresh and Food So Fresh specials in this section on my Norwex site. If you have $85 worth of products in your shopping cart, the option to add the $5 Pet Mitt or Sea Mist Kitchen Towel will appear on the page. If you have any questions or would like assistance with choosing products, planning a party, or considering becoming a Norwex consultant, I’d be glad to help. Feel free to contact me!